Sunday, 26 January 2025

Sunday 26th January

 

Feeling much better, I woke up around 5.30 and sat out on the balcony for a bit, with Dark-winged petrels and a couple of Wandering Albatrosses floating by before going down to deck 7 for a while. Bird numbers had picked up with a Wandering Albatross criss-crossing the wake that caused some controversy about whether it was a Wandering or Tristan’s. After breakfast we went out the back looking over the wake. 


During the day there were Little Shearwaters, Black-bellied Storm petrel, Indian Yellow-nosed, Great Winged, Salvins Prions, Wandering Albatross, Sooty Albatross and Sooty Shearwater passing by, often quite distant. I did fall asleep for a couple of hours in the afternoon but am feeling a lot better. The weather was cool but not freezing and I had put on my thermals. 

We met up with Jake and Barney for our evening meal, choosing the cafeteria as being quicker and with more variety, before going back to the cabin, writing up notes and the bird list and turning in. 

No comments: